One prize $100
Opens November 22nd 2021, closes January 5th 2022
Concataverse - form
Each poem must be three lines long
Each line must contain at least three words
Lines should be no longer than 33 characters
Each line should have at least four beats (for which read syllable, stress, meter)
Each line should have a different number of characters
All the words in the poem should be concatenated together
There is no punctuation
Only the word “I” can be capitalized
1. Poets can submit as many poems as they wish.
2. Poems must follow the form rules; poems not following these rules will not be considered.
3. The submission fee shall be $2 per poem or $10 for 10 poems, and submission must be made through submittable.com; the submission window opens 22nd November 2021, and closes 5th January 2022
4. Poets submitting work declare that the work they are submitting is solely their own and for which they own copyright.
5. Authors are responsible for informing Willowdown Books of any licenses or conditions they may have assigned to third parties; any dispute that may arise is solely a matter for the author and the third party.
6. All entries should comply with discrimination laws of the USA and UK - if you are unaware of what this means, please use your common sense - do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, etc, or submit inflammatory or inciteful (as legally understood) entries.
7. The editor’s decision on acceptance is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the entry.
8. There will be one prize of $100 which will be chosen by the editor, in consultation with his team. No work by anyone connected with Willowdown Books will be eligible for the prize.
9. An anthology of the winning poems will be published around June 1st, 2022
10. Should not enough poems be entered to constitute a printed anthology, the editor reserves the write to reformat a web-based anthology to reflect the entries submitted; or in the event of too few entries, to cancel the publication of the anthology.
11. There will be no refund of the submission fee once entries have been submitted.
12. Copyright of each individual poems remains with the poet; copyright of the anthology as a whole remains with Willowdown Books. Our copyright notice is set out below and only entries agreeing to this will be accepted:
"Should my poem(s) be selected, I, as author of the work, agree to give Willowdown Books permission to publish my poem(s) within the anthology known as Human to Human (2021), in any media, and to use my name and poem in any marketing or promotional activity which pertains to the marketing and promotion of said anthology. Willowdown Books agree that they cannot print or use any other media to publish any poem from the anthology individually, except with the express permission of the author.
The following, or equivalent, will appear in the anthology;
Willowdown Books asserts its copyright of this book as an anthology, by which is meant the collection of poems. Willowdown Books asserts no copyright over any of the individual poems. Copyright is asserted (by both Willowdown Books and the individual authors) under the Copyright Laws of the British Commonwealth of Nations, the United States of America and all the countries of the Berne and Universal Copyright Conventions. All rights, including Stage, Motion Picture, Television, Public Reading, Translation into foreign language, any Internet or related media is strictly reserved (by the author, or Willowdown Books as detailed above)."
13. By entering this competition you are accepting the above rules and agreeing to the copyright notice.